Alusa Fallax - Non Fatemi Caso (1974)


Album: Alusa Fallax - Intorno Alla Mia Cattiva Educazione (1974)
Song: Non Fatemi Caso

This is one of the tracks that set me on my path to isolate and document all exceptional tracks I stumble across. This was one of the first songs I ever copied into another folder so that I would not forget it (the name is not that easy to remember for a non-Italian speaker, hehe). To this day I still have no idea what this singer is singing about, but the performance he gives is one of my all time favourites. The emotion that this man is capable of belting out is bone chilling.

This track starts out fairly typical for a mellow Italian prog jam. It's quite sombre, and kind of minimal instrumentally. The vocals are already quite distinct, having a clear flamenco influence to them. Rolled "R" sounds, and a notable rasp.

However, by the time the chorus rolls around this track shows its true colours. After an awesome melodic build up, this chorus lets loose and the man goes from a room tone voice to an out manly emotional scream at the top of his lungs. But not a manufactured or distorted scream like you would hear in rock or metal. No, it's like a man's scream in real life. Either out of frustration, or anguish, whatever it is, it sounds like raw emotion without pretension.

Regardless, I have no idea what this song is about lyrically, but it is easy to fill in the blank and add your own meaning. If you are ever feeling some inner anguish, I would imagine this track will help you vent some emotional stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment